Power Search

Search Term:

Saturday, September 11, 2010

THE LORD'S TEST

THELORD'S TEST
I wokeup this morning and knew thattoday,
The sun wouldnot be shining
and theclouds would be gray.
As I steppedoutside,
Rain fellupon my head.
My carwouldn't start
so I walkedto school instead.
I forgot allof my assignments
I failed allof my tests.
I dropped my head in disgust
and asked the Lord for one request.
'Lord, why isit that
things won'tgo my way?'
He gently replied,
'Dear childit is because
you didn't thank me yesterday.
I woke you up and enabled
you to see the sun again.
I gave youshelter,
protectedyour family, and even let
you make anew friend.
I blessed you far
greater thanI ever had before.
But you weretoo busy
to thank me once more.
You didn't feel sick
because I maintained your health.
You had moneyin your pocket
because I maintained your wealth.
You had shoes on you feet
and clothes to wear, too.
You hadplenty of food to eat,
and what did you do?
You ignored me and went
about yourtasks.
But when youwanted something
you neverhesitated to ask.
I was there when you needed me
and that wasn't too long ago.
But when things started going your way,
it was me you did not know.
As if that weren't enough,
I providedour favorite luxuries.
This wassomething I didn't have
to do-they weren't even necessities.
And when it was time to get on your
knees andshow your gratitude,
You decidedthat after such a
fulfilling day, you weren't in the mood.
So I decided to
give you just a little test.
To show you how it would feel
to stop being blessed.'
I began to realize what
the Lord was saying.
And when I got home, I fell
to my knees and started praying.
He said, 'My child, you have
learned and you know I do forgive.
But remember to remember this day
as long asyou shall live.
I love filling your life with joy,
and your painI'll alleviate it.
But just asimple thank you
would show how much you
appreciate it.'
Pass this onto everyone
you pray the Lord will bless.
There are no catches or
rules just this simple test.
How many people to send it to is all in your hands

From me to you
I wish you many blessings and much happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Power Search

Search Term:

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails